Friday, December 13, 2013

EGOtalk: Do I Love The City Or The Business Trip?

Hi Egos, sometimes I find it really hard to go to work because it's too early, too cold, I have to stay there too long etc. There are numerous reasons why I can't really find motivation on those days. However on some days I can't get there fast enough!
 
 
Usually there aren't many occasion for me to go on a business trip but since I'm sort of a chief editor for a project I have had the opportunity to go once again! Those of you who've read my last posts about Frankfurt will know that I've grown fond of that city so much. I love how I know my way around already. Feels like I've thrown away the "tourist" card :D
 
During my 4,5-hour-ride there and 5,5-hour ride back I thought about why I love Frankfurt. I'm not sure if it's the city or the fact that I got to see something else... Sure, there are a lot of good looking, polite and ambitous men but as a city it's rather small. At least if you compare it to Berlin. It's expensive to live there and apart from my colleagues I don't know anyone who lives there. The center of the city is quite beautiful but once again expensive. I guess that if you live there you earn enough money to be able to afford all that though.
 
 
Anyways every time I go there I can feel the difference between Berlin and Frankfurt. The whole energy of both city differs. Berlin is such a mixed city with people that always want to stand out. Wheras Frankfurt is the place to go if you want to make a name for yourself in economics. It's as if Berlin is for artists and Frankfurt for bankers. Both sides sure have their advantages.
 
On my way back and with another job offer to consider I could't help but wonder if I wanted to live there. Fact is I probably would go there if I didn't have friends here. I think that one should see a bit more of the world apart from the place they were born. You get to test yourself and really grow from starting all over in a different city. I'm still not convinced that I might not move there for a couple of years later on though. For now I'm happy with what I've built here for myself =)
 
Have you moved to another city and started all over?
 
C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...