Monday, March 11, 2013

EGOxperiment: Stretching your Heels!

Hi Egos! Since part of me is a true nerd I couldn't help myself from doing this little experiment. A couple of months ago I watched a video on youtube on how you could stretch your shoes a bit without torturing your feet. 

My sister has this incredible pair of shoes that she can't wear because her feet are too wide. (Wonder why she bought them in the first place? I don't know either... I'm still trying to figure out the answer. xD) Unfortunately even I can't wear them because my feet are just the tiniest bit longer than hers (sometimes it sucks being tall.). But I wouldn't be me if I didn't try to find a solution to this problem!

Here is where the experiement starts. 


The idea is that you put bags of water in the shoes, put them in the fridge and then the water will freeze. While freezing the volume of the bag increases which will eventually stretch the shoes. Sounds easy right? Said and DONE!


Now I left the whole thing in the fridge for about two days and excitedly took them out today. Who knew that the hardest part had yet to come. I didn't really think much about that part beforehand. If I had I might have saved half an hour trying to get that second plastic bag out of the shoe using a hammer, a hair dryer and a knife. Everybody who thinks about trying this at home I recommend using plastic bags that are waterproof and two of them just to be sure. Once the water leaks the whole thing sticks to the sole of the shoe.


That couldn't stop me though. After breaking the ice (get the joke here?? :D) I was ready to reap the fruits of my hard work! The result is quite pleasing because now they fit way better than before. They still might need a couple of long nights out but then they could turn out to be one of my most comfortable heels. 

And yes I am in my pyjamas. Love the leo print :D

C U Egos!!



2 comments:

  1. I've seen this on Pinterest and wanted to try it out on some shoes I have! I just might...but im feeling kind of lazy haha! ps. add google friend connect so i can follow you! feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions on how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always very eager when it comes to these kinds of experimemts. I bet my chemistry teacher would have loved to see me this motivated back in school xD
      Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely do that. I am still so new to all of this :-)

      Delete

Have an opinion on this article? Shoot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...