Tuesday, April 1, 2014

EGO eats: Heartfelt Carrot Pear Cupcakes!

Hi Egos! How are you? I feel like it's been ages since I've been able to bake properly when in fact there were a couple of dishes I just couldn't share on the blog (time... if you have some spare time please share!)



Anyways yesterday I was inspired by my favourite food blog to bake carrot cupcakes. They had a fancy recipe with all kinds of ingredients which I'm sure my poor sense of taste won't ever recognize. However recipes are there to be amended.

Added with my typical forgetfulness when it comes to grocery shopping I also had to improvise a bit. But let's just get to the cupcake-part, shall we?


Ingredients (for 12-16 cupcakes):

dough:
3 grated carrots
2 medium sized eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teasp. vanillaextract
half a potted pear (smashed)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla yoghurt (these two were supposed to replace buttermilk and I guess it worked... :D)
1.5 cups flour
1 teasp. baking powder
0.5 teasp. baking soda
1 dash of salt
1 dash of cinnamon

frosting:
1 cup soft butter
1 cup cream cheese
1 potted pear
1 teasp. vanilla extract
1 dash of salt
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. milk (depending on how liquid you want the frosting to be)

Preheat the oven to 180 °C and mix all the carrots, eggs, sugar, oil, vanillaextract, pear, milk and yoghurt together. It will look kind of gross because it's all slimy and orange but it will get better! Mix the flour, baking powder and soda, the salt and the cinnamon in a seperate bowl. Then add the liquid mix to the dry mix until it's well blended. Spread the dough on your muffin baking sheet. I know that 16 is an odd number but it depends on how big your baking sheet is. Leave it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.

For the frosting start by mixing the butter and the cream cheese. Then add the powdered sugar and then the rest. I prefer my frosting to be a bit firmer because I usually take some to work and don't want them to look like they've been on a rollercoaster once I've readed the office. However if you like your frosting to be a bit softer you can just add a bit more milk.


What I love about these cupcakes is that they don't look awfully fancy. Don't get me wrong! I adore skillful baking but between friends a cupcake that doesn't look to over the top is more intimate! It just says "Hey I wanted to make some cupcakes. Want one?" Also you can always add some chocolate hearts on top of it. :-D


Who is in the mood of some high calorie cupcake now? :D

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...