Sunday, March 23, 2014

EGOutfit: Fitness & Weightloss Update!

Hi Egos, I realizes that I haven't blogged about my fitness and weightloss progress in way too long. So here's a little update on where I am now, what my plans are and how I'll achieve them.


First of all I've changed my training routine a little bit. I used to only train on the treadmill or the crosstrainer for cardio and work on my muscles on the other machines. Since I've been a member of my gym for more than a year now you can imagine how boring that got (Didn't stop me from working out 3-4 times a week though. Something being too boring should never be the reason to quit altogether!) 

In action! Raise your arm if you also take selfies while working out :D

So I decided to give gym classes a chance. There are several of them. Some are great for building muscles, some for refining them and some are for burning fat. As mentioned before in my Zumba post these curses are pretty effective. What I didn't like about them at first was the times. I needed to make it to a fixed time to take that class. Again this is not a good enough excuse. If you really want to do something for your body you should take your time and do it. 

After a large or late meal I also like to add a little workout/dancing session in front of the TV.

It worked. I go to 2-3 classes a week and once just for cardio on the machines. There is a course on Wednesday where you build muscles and suffer the rest of the week. You can imagine that I don't need further attention to my muscles :D


Also I've been clubbing almost every week and by clubbing I mean dancing the night away. No breaks, no half hearted partying. If I leave the club before 3 AM it's due to bad music which you won't find in Berlin :D

In total I've lost 30 pounds by now and want to lose at least 20 more. I'm not trying to look like a model or anything and I'm aware that I've replaced a lot of fat in my body with muscles (strong me!) but I feel like I'll be healthier then. I'm also not stressing over this and am smart enough to integrate this weightloss goal in my life in order for it to be of lasting effect.

Here's a little snack I've been addicted to for a while now! It's nuts, fruits and yoghurt!

I hope you're also staying healthy and working out! We don't want to end up having aches and pain in our 30ies, do we? 

C U Egos!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...